8th July 2023
New this year ! The Verbier Marathon changes its starting place, leading to an affordable D+/km ratio and a true marathon distance.
The start will be given above the village of Bruson, which you will reach by cable car from Le Châble. The mountainous single track is winding along the ridge with awesome views on the Combin and Mt blanc massifs, leading you to the top of Mt Rogneux, the highest point of the race at 3084m. Then you go down, passing by several mountain lakes before reaching the Panossière area, with its suspension bridge and its glacier. You’ll be very close to the Grd Combin, standing above you at 4314m. At the end of the race, unlike other races, you will avoid the famous wall, to climb directly to Verbier along a less steep trail.
Find out below every detail you'll need to know to take part to the Verbier Marathon.
Moay (above Bruson)
Saturday 8th July 2023
Le Chable, Espace St Marc
Friday, 7th July 2023
10:00 am - 08:00 pm
Take advantage of the Trail Salon with several sports brands.
Le Chable, cable car station
Saturday, 8th July 2023
07:30 - 08:30 am
A) Basic Kit:
All clothing must be the correct size for the competitor and without having been modified in any way after leaving the factory. You carry this equipment in a pack which is not interchangeable during the race.
• Backpack destined to transport obligatory equipment throughout the race.
• Mobile phone
the runner must be reachable at any time before, during and after the race: keep the phone on, airplane mode is prohibited. We recommend to download the LiveRun application.
• Personal beaker 15 cl minimum (bottles or flasks with lids are not accepted).
• Minimum 1.l water reserve.
• 2 head lampls in good working order for X-Alpine and X-Traversée (with a spare battery for each torch)
• 1 torche in good working order for Verbier Marathon
Recommendation: 200 lumens or more for the main torch.
• Survival blanket of 1.40m x 2m minimum.
• Self-adhesive elasticated bandage which can serve as a bandage or strapping (minimum 100 cm x 6 cm).
• Food reserve. Recommendation: 800kcal (2 gels + 2 energizing bars each of 65g ).
• Jacket with hood which will withstand bad weather in the mountains and made with a waterproof* and breathable** membrane (see description at the end of the chapter)
• Cap or bandana
• Additional warm second layer : a warm second layer top with long sleeves of a weight of a minimum of 150g (men's size medium (M))
OR the combination of a warm long sleeved underwear (first or second layer) of a minimum weight of 110g (men's size medium (M)) and a durable water repellant windproof jacket*.
• Waterproof over-trousers
• Identity card
If you choose to take poles with you, you must carry them throughout the whole race. It’s forbidden to start without poles and take some afterwards.
B) Cold Kit: (for every race)
• Long-legged trousers or race leggings OR a combination of legging and socks which cover the legs completely
• One pair of warm gloves
• A long sleeved hotter sweater instead of the 150g sweater.
We will inform you on our website if you need to take the cold kit.
C) Other recommended equipment (non-exhaustive list)
• Spare warm clothing, indispensable in the case of cold or wet weather or in the case of injury.
• Poles in the case of rain or snow for your security on slippery ground.
• Vaseline or anti-heat cream.
• A 20 CHF note
• GPS watch.
• Knife or scissors for cutting elasticated bandage.
• Emergency sewing kit...
Race officials are entitled to check your backpack at any time during the race.
- Details about the waterproof jacket:
Minimum waterproof recommended 10 000 Schmerber.
Breathability index recommended inferior to 13.
The jacket must, imperatively, be fitted with an integrated hood
the seams must be sealed.
the jacket must not have sections of fabric which are not waterproof, but air vents fitted by the manufacturer (under-arm, in the back), since they do not damage in any obvious way the impermeability, are accepted.
It is the runner's responsibility to judge, with these criteria , if their jacket fits the regulations stated and so bad weather in the mountains, but, during a check, the judgment is made by the person in charge of the check or the steward.
We will provide you with a 30l bag when you collect your bib. You must use this bag if you want to give us a bag on the starting line just before your start.
You can claim this bag in Verbier up to Sunday 04:00 pm
We have no responsability for the content of those bags. Don't leave any valuable objects in them.
It's not possible to join the start by car. You'll have to park your vehicle in Le Chable.
Then you can take the cable car (free for runners) from Le Châble to the start (Bruson / Moay).
It will be open from 07:30 to 11:30 on Saturday morning. Runners and supporters can use it.
It's also possible to take the cable car in Verbier and go to the start via Le Châble (same line).
After the race you can go down to Le Châble from Verbier with the cable car (open from 5:15 am to 23:50 pm, CHF 6.-).
Finishing the Verbier Marathon will provide you 2 Running Stones, allowing you to take part to the UTMB World Series Finals ballot.
It will also be considered to calculate your UTMB Index in the 50K category.
Don't wait any longer! Places are limited on the Verbier Marathon, for an exclusive experience in the heart of the Swiss Alps. Register now.