9th July 2023
A race specially designed to discover trail running. Technically not too difficult, it offers awsome views on Verbier and its surrounding.
The race starts from the centre of the resort. Then, after a first climb towards Pierre Avoi, well known for its panoramic picture-postcard views, the route takes a splendid hillside path with great views on the Combin and Mt Blanc massif. It continues to the Cabane Mont-Fort and then follows a section of the charming Bisse du Levron irrigation channel. The Verbier X-Plore then joins the other races’ route and finishes by crossing Verbier.
Verbier, Place de l'Ermitage
Sunday 9th July 2023
Le Chable, Espace St Marc
Friday, 7th July 2023
10:00 am - 08:00 pm
Take advantage of the Trail Salon with several sports brands
Verbier, rue de la Poste
Sunday, 9th July 2023
06:00 - 07:30 am
A) Basic Kit:
All clothing must be the correct size for the competitor and without having been modified in any way after leaving the factory. You carry this equipment in a pack which is not interchangeable during the race.
• Backpack destined to transport obligatory equipment throughout the race.
• Mobile phone: the runner must be reachable at any time before, during and after the race: Keep the phone on, airplane mode is prohibited. For smartphones: LiveRun application installed and activated.
• Personal beaker 15 cl minimum (bottles or flasks with lids are not accepted)
• Supply of water of 1 litre minimum
• Survival blanket of 1.40m x 2m minimum
• Jacket with hood which will withstand bad weather in the mountains and made with a waterproof* and breathable** membrane (eg. Outdry).
• Identity card
If you choose to take poles with you, you must carry them throughout the whole race. It’s forbidden to start without poles and take some afterwards.
B) Cold Kit: (for every race)
• Long-legged trousers or race leggings OR a combination of legging and socks which cover the legs completely
• One pair of warm gloves
• A long sleeved hotter sweater instead of the 150g sweater.
We will inform you on our website if you need to take the cold kit.
C) Other recommended equipment (non-exhaustive list)
• Spare warm clothing, indispensable in the case of cold or wet weather or in the case of injury.
• Poles in the case of rain or snow for your security on slippery ground.
• Vaseline or anti-heat cream.
• A 20 CHF note
• GPS watch.
• Knife or scissors for cutting elasticated bandage.
• Emergency sewing kit...
Race officials are entitled to check your backpack at any time during the race.
Details about the waterproof jacket:
Minimum waterproof recommended 10 000 Schmerber.
Breathability index recommended inferior to 13.
The jacket must, imperatively, be fitted with an integrated hood.
the seams must be sealed.
the jacket must not have sections of fabric which are not waterproof, but air vents fitted by the manufacturer (under-arm, in the back), since they do not damage in any obvious way the impermeability, are accepted.
It is the runner's responsibility to judge, with these criteria , if their jacket fits the regulations stated and so bad weather in the mountains, but, during a check, the judgment is made by the person in charge of the check or the steward.
Finishing Verbier X-Plore will provide you 1 running stone, permitting you to take part to the 2024 UTMB ballot on any race.
It will also be considered to calculate your UTMB index in the 20K category.
As parking is limited in Verbier, we suggest you to park your car in Le Châble and take the cable car to Verbier (open from 05:15 am to 23:50 pm)