X-Traversée, the eldest race of TVSB! With its 5 passes it offers a diversified alpine route.
Saturday 6th July 2024
La Fouly - 08:00
Max Allowed Race Time
The start is in La Fouly, where you’ll immediately be in an alpine environment passing by the Fenêtre Lakes and the pass. It’s the first one of this 5 pass race. A short passage to Italy before reaching the historical pass of Grand St Bernard, famous for its hospice and its rescue dogs. Then it’s a succession of passes, leading you to the Col des Avouillons, gate to the Panossière area its glacier and its suspension bridge. You’ll be very close to the Grd Combin, standing above you at 4314m. After this amazing place you will still have to climb the famous 1200m wall before going eventually down to Verbier.
Profil, map and time charts You can download the profil in .png and the map in .gpx
Find out here all the details you need to know when registering to the X-Traversée
Saturday 6th July 2024, La Fouly
1st start: 08:00 am (high UTMB index)
2nd start: 08:15 am
3rd start: 08:30 am
4th start: 08:45 am
last start: 09:00 am (low / no UTMB index)
You must come in person with your ID Card to pick up your bib.
Compulsory material will be checked only during the race.
Le Chable, Espace St Marc
Friday 5th July 2024
09:00 am - 09:00 pm. (In May you'll have to subscribe to a specific time interval on your MyUTMB account)
Take benefit from the Trail Salon with several sports brands.
All clothing must be the correct size for the competitor and without having been modified in any way after leaving the factory. You carry this equipment on you or in a pack which is not interchangeable during the race.
You have to bring the full list of mandatory equipment below. According to the weather forecast, we will remove some from the list if we consider they will not be useful. The final list will be confirmed 1 or 2 days before the race.
- Running pack to carry mandatory gear throughout the race.
- the runner must be reachable at any time before, during and after the race:
- with international roaming that works in Switzerland.
- Each runner should save the organization's safety phone numbers, not mask/block their number and do not forget to start the race with the battery fully charged.
- Keep the phone ON at all times, airplane mode is forbidden and could result in a penalty.
- LiveTrail application installed and activated.
- An external battery is highly recommended
- Personal cup 15 cl/5oz minimum (bottles or flasks with lids are not accepted)
- Minimum water supply of 1 liter.
- Food reserve. Recommendation of 800kcal (ex : 2 gels + 2 power bars)
- Two working headlamps with spare cells/batteries for each headlamp.
- Recommendation of 200 lumens or more for the main torch light
- Survival blanket of 1.40m x 2m minimum / 55 inches x 80 inches or survival bag
- Self-adhering elastic bandage for bandaging or strapping (minimum 100 cm x 6 cm / 40 inches x 2,5 inches)
- Jacket with hood for bad weather in the mountains. The jacket must be made of a waterproof* and breathable** membrane (e.g.. Outdry)
- *minimum recommended 10 000 Schmerber (10,000 mm).
- **RET value recommended: minimum of 13.
- the jacket must have an integrated hood or one which is attached to the jacket by the original system designed for that purpose by the manufacturer.
- the seams must be sealed.
- the jacket must not have sections of fabric which are not waterproof. Air vents fitted by the manufacturer (under-arm, in the back) are accepted.
- It is the runner's responsibility to judge, with these criteria if their jacket fits the regulations stated to face bad weather in the mountains. But during a check, the judgment is made by the person in charge.
- Long-legged trousers or race leggings OR a combination of leggings and socks to cover the legs completely.
- Waterproof overpants
- Additional warm second layer: a warm second layer top with long sleeves (excluding cotton) weighing at least 180g (6,5 onces) OR the combination of a long-sleeved warm undergarment (first or second layer, excluding cotton) weighing at least 110g (4 onces) and a windproof jacket* with durable water-repellent protection (DWR protection)
- *the wind-proof jacket does not replace the mandatory waterproof jacket, or vice versa
- Warm gloves
- ID passport/ID card
If you choose to take poles, it's for the whole race. It's forbidden to start without poles and take some along the way, or vice versa.
Other recommended equipment (non-exhaustive list)
• bowl and kitchenware if you wish to eat a meal. They won't be available on the aid stations.
- Spare warm clothing, indispensable in the case of cold or wet weather or in the case of injury.
• Poles in the case of rain or snow for your security on slippery ground.
• Vaseline or anti-heat cream.
• A 20 CHF note
• GPS watch.
• Knife or scissors for cutting elastic bandage.
• Emergency sewing kit...
Race officials are entitled to check your backpack at any time during the race.
We will provide you with a 30l bag when you collect your bib. You must use this bag if you want to give us a bag on the starting line just before your start.
You can claim this bag in Verbier up to Sunday 04:00 pm
We have no responsability for the content of those bags. Don't leave any valuable objects in them.
Pre race busses
Le Châble - La Fouly on Saturday morning for runners and supporters-
Le Chable: every 10' between 06:15 and 07:45
Arrive in La Fouly: between 07:00 and 08:30
The road Orsières-La Fouly (upwards) will be closed to public between 06:00 and 08:30 on Sat morning.
Orsières - La Fouly on Saturday morning for runners and supporters
If you come by car, you'll have to park in Orsières and take the shuttles to join the start:
To go up: every 12 min between 06:15 and 08:15 am
To go down: every 15 min between 08:15 and 09:15 am
Post race busses
Other buses will bring you back to La Fouly after the race:
Verbier-La Fouly every 2 or 3 hours between Sat. evening to Sunday morning. Schedules on the transport page.
Finishing X-Traversée will provide you 3 running stones, permitting you to take part to the 2024 UTMB ballot on any race.
It will also be considered to calculate your UTMB index in the 100K category.
Sunday 7th July, schedule to be confirmed
1st woman and 1st man will receive a prize.
top 5 women and top 5 men will receive a prize