8th July 2023
X-Traversée, the eldest race of TVSB! With its 5 passes it offers a diversified alpine route.
REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
Register now for the 14th edition of the Trail Verbier St Bernard by UTMB! Registration is now open, with a 48h registration priority for UTMB Index owners. 140km, 76km, 40km or 26km, there is one race for everyone! Choose your next challenge and join the adventure at the heart of the Valaisan area.
The start is in La Fouly, where you’ll immediately be in an alpine environment passing by the Fenêtre Lakes and the pass. It’s the first one of this 5 pass race. A short passage to Italy before reaching the historical pass of Grand St Bernard, famous for its hospice and its rescue dogs. Then it’s a succession of passes, leading you to the Col des Avouillons, gate to the Panossière area its glacier and its suspension bridge. You’ll be very close to the Grd Combin, standing above you at 4314m. After this amazing place you will still have to climb the famous 1200m wall before going eventually down to Verbier.
Find out here all the details you need to know when registering to the X-Traversée
Saturday 8th July 2023
Le Chable, Espace St Marc
Friday, 7th July 2023
10:00 am - 08:00 pm
Take benefit of the Trail Salon with several sports brands.
Saturday, 8th July 2023
06:30 -07:30 am
A) Basic Kit:
All clothing must be the correct size for the competitor and without having been modified in any way after leaving the factory. You carry this equipment in a pack which is not interchangeable during the race.
• Backpack destined to transport obligatory equipment throughout the race.
• Mobile phone
the runner must be reachable at any time before, during and after the race: keep the phone on, airplane mode is prohibited. We recommend to download the LiveRun application.
• Personal beaker 15 cl minimum (bottles or flasks with lids are not accepted).
• Minimum 1.l water reserve.
• 2 head lampls in good working order for X-Alpine and X-Traversée (with a spare battery for each torch)
• 1 torche in good working order for Verbier Marathon
Recommendation: 200 lumens or more for the main torch.
• Survival blanket of 1.40m x 2m minimum.
• Self-adhesive elasticated bandage which can serve as a bandage or strapping (minimum 100 cm x 6 cm).
• Food reserve. Recommendation: 800kcal (2 gels + 2 energizing bars each of 65g ).
• Jacket with hood which will withstand bad weather in the mountains and made with a waterproof* and breathable** membrane (see description at the end of the chapter)
• Cap or bandana
• Additional warm second layer : a warm second layer top with long sleeves of a weight of a minimum of 150g (men's size medium (M))
OR the combination of a warm long sleeved underwear (first or second layer) of a minimum weight of 110g (men's size medium (M)) and a durable water repellant windproof jacket*.
• Waterproof over-trousers
• Identity card
If you choose to take poles with you, you must carry them throughout the whole race. It’s forbidden to start without poles and take some afterwards.
B) Cold Kit: (for every race)
• Long-legged trousers or race leggings OR a combination of legging and socks which cover the legs completely
• One pair of warm gloves
• A long sleeved hotter sweater instead of the 150g sweater.
We will inform you on our website if you need to take the cold kit.
C) Other recommended equipment (non-exhaustive list)
• Spare warm clothing, indispensable in the case of cold or wet weather or in the case of injury.
• Poles in the case of rain or snow for your security on slippery ground.
• Vaseline or anti-heat cream.
• A 20 CHF note
• GPS watch.
• Knife or scissors for cutting elasticated bandage.
• Emergency sewing kit...
Race officials are entitled to check your backpack at any time during the race.
- Details about the waterproof jacket:
Minimum waterproof recommended 10 000 Schmerber.
Breathability index recommended inferior to 13.
The jacket must, imperatively, be fitted with an integrated hood
the seams must be sealed.
the jacket must not have sections of fabric which are not waterproof, but air vents fitted by the manufacturer (under-arm, in the back), since they do not damage in any obvious way the impermeability, are accepted.
It is the runner's responsibility to judge, with these criteria , if their jacket fits the regulations stated and so bad weather in the mountains, but, during a check, the judgment is made by the person in charge of the check or the steward.
We will provide you with a 30l bag when you collect your bib. You must use this bag if you want to give us a bag on the starting line just before your start.
You can claim this bag in Verbier up to Sunday 04:00 pm
We have no responsability for the content of those bags. Don't leave any valuable objects in them.
Special busses will bring you and your supporters to La Fouly from Verbier or le Châble on Saturday morning.
Verbier 06:00 - Le Chable 06:15 - La Fouly 07:00 Verbier 06:30 - Le Châble 06:45 - La Fouly 07:30 (runners with a a bib and supporters)
The road Orsières-La Fouly (upwards) will be closed to public between 05:30 and 07:30 on Sat morning.
If you come by car, you'll have to park in Orsières and take the shuttles to join the start:
To go up: every 12 min between 06:00 and 07:00 am To go down: every 15 min between 08:15 and 09:00 am
Other buses will bring you back to La Fouly after the race:
One bus Verbier-La Fouly every 2 or 3 hours between Sat. evening to Sunday morning. Schedules to be published soon.
Finishing X-Traversée will provide you 3 running stones, permitting you to take part to the 2024 UTMB ballot on any race.
It will also be considered to calculate your UTMB index in the 100K category.