TVSB transport system to join the starting lines
Here are the busses and cable-cars you'll have to take to join XT and VM starting lines.
To join the 20K and 100M start
You have two possibilities to join Verbier:
- Take the cable car Châble-Verbier (open 05:15 - 23:45) next to the railway station
- Take your car to Verbier and try to find a car park.
Due to difficulties for finding parking places in Verbier we strongly recommend to take the cable car (CHF 6.40- or free with a VIP Pass) and park for free in Le Châble.
To join the 50K start
Runners and supporters for the Verbier Marathon must take the cable car heading to Bruson, in Le Châble.
The cable-car is free and without booking for the runners.
Supporters must buy a cable-car ticket on the runner's MyUTMB account.
To join the 100K start
Runners and supporters for the X-Traversée must join the starting line by bus.
The road Orsières - La Fouly will be closed to private vehicles on Saturday morning.
You have 2 possibilities:
- The Le Châble (r.station) - La Fouly line:
- Every 10 min between 06:15 to 07:45 Sat morning (45min drive)
- The Orsières (P les Ides) - La Fouly shuttles:
- Every 10 min between 06:15 to 08:15 Sat morning (30min drive)
Supporters can also use the runners' transport system to see the starts.
Visit our special page for the additional supporters' transport system
If you are staying in Verbier or its surroundings, ask your host or the Tourist offices for a free VIP Pass to make the most of your experience in the area. Among others, it will give you a free pass to many official transports and to the Châble - Verbier or Châble - Moay - La Pasay cable cars.
Be aware that the VIP Pass is not valid on the special buses organized by TVSB.