A race specially designed to discover trail running. Technically not too difficult, it offers awsome views on Verbier and its surrounding.
Sunday 7th July 2024
Verbier - 07:30
Max Allowed Race Time
06 Hours 50 Minutes
The race starts from the centre of the resort. Then, after a first climb towards Pierre Avoi, well known for its panoramic picture-postcard views, the route takes a splendid hillside path with great views on the Combin and Mt Blanc massif. It continues to the Cabane Mont-Fort and then follows a section of the charming Bisse du Levron irrigation channel. The Verbier X-Plore then joins the other races’ route and finishes by crossing Verbier.
Verbier, Place de l'Ermitage
Sunday 7th July 2024
1st start: 07:30 am
last start: 08:00 am
You must come in person with your ID Card to pick up your bib.
Compulsory material will be checked only during the race.
Le Chable, Espace St Marc
Friday 5th July 2024
Schedules to be confirmed:
09:00 am - 08:00 pm
Take benefit from the Trail Salon with several sports brands.
Verbier, place de l'Ermitage
Sunday, 7th July 2024
05:30 - 07:00 am
All clothing must be the correct size for the competitor and without having been modified in any way after leaving the factory. You carry this equipment on you or in a pack which is not interchangeable during the race.
You have to bring the full list of mandatory equipment below. According to the weather forecast, we will remove some from the list if we consider they will not be useful. The final list will be confirmed 1 or 2 days before the race.
- Running pack to carry mandatory gear throughout the race.
- the runner must be reachable at any time before, during and after the race:
- with international roaming that works in Switzerland.
- Each runner should save the organization's safety phone numbers, not mask/block their number and do not forget to start the race with the battery fully charged.
- Keep the phone ON at all times, airplane mode is forbidden and could result in a penalty.
- LiveTrail application installed and activated in order to locate you in case of emergency.
- An external battery is highly recommended
- Personal cup 15 cl/5oz minimum (bottles or flasks with lids are not accepted)
- Minimum water supply of 1 liter.
- Survival blanket of 1.40m x 2m minimum / 55 inches x 80 inches or survival bag
- Jacket with hood for bad weather in the mountains. The jacket must be made of a waterproof* and breathable** membrane (e.g.. Outdry)
- *minimum recommended 10 000 Schmerber (10,000 mm).
- **RET value recommended: minimum of 13.
- the jacket must have an integrated hood or one which is attached to the jacket by the original system designed for that purpose by the manufacturer.
- the seams must be sealed.
- the jacket must not have sections of fabric which are not waterproof. Air vents fitted by the manufacturer (under-arm, in the back) are accepted.
- It is the runner's responsibility to judge, with these criteria if their jacket fits the regulations stated to face bad weather in the mountains. But during a check, the judgment is made by the person in charge.
- Long-legged trousers or race leggings OR a combination of leggings and socks to cover the legs completely, OR Waterproof overpants.
- ID passport/ID card
If you choose to take poles, it's for the whole race. It's forbidden to start without poles and take some along the way, or vice versa.
Other recommended equipment (non-exhaustive list)
• Spare warm clothing, indispensable in the case of cold or wet weather or in the case of injury.
• Poles in the case of rain or snow for your security on slippery ground.
• Vaseline or anti-heat cream.
• A 20 CHF note
• GPS watch.
• Knife or scissors for cutting elastic bandage.
• Emergency sewing kit...
Race officials are entitled to check your backpack at any time during the race.
It is the runner's responsibility to judge, with these criteria , if their jacket fits the regulations stated and so bad weather in the mountains, but, during a check, the judgment is made by the person in charge of the check or the steward.
Finishing Verbier X-Plore will provide you 1 running stone, permitting you to take part to the 2024 UTMB ballot on any race.
It will also be considered to calculate your UTMB index in the 20K category.
As parking is limited in Verbier, we suggest you to park your car in Le Châble and take the cable car to Verbier, open from 05:15 am to 23:50 pm. Free if you are staying in the area and get the VIP pass.
Sunday 7th July, schedule to be confirmed
1st woman and 1st man will receive a prize.
top 5 women and top 5 men will receive a prize